Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I ran or Iran?

Definitely


Not



But I probably looked like



But yes, I finished a 5K last night. I'm not as sore as I thought I would be. I took some Advil last night before bed, I was REALLY sore last night when I finished. I'm glad I'm feeling good - I didn't want to have to take tonight off. I was worried if I was too sore, I'd have to give myself a break. I'm happy I'm sticking with my goals I've set for myself. Plus, it's a fantastic distraction through all this crap!

I won't even tell you how long it took me to complete the 5K. I finished. That's all that matters at this point.

This really reflects how I feel today. I'm ready to move on; but I KNOW I'm closer! As are ALL of you! We will all get there!




6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 5K!! That is great accomplishment! :) I know for sure I could NOT run one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nic! I'm really running with this whole getting healthy thing. My mind is right - now I need to get my body right! <3 you!

      Delete
  2. Yay on running a 5k! I have always wanted to, but have no faith in my running abilities! Maybe you will inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! let's get support each other and get our bods in shape so we can be "hot mommas" together! How awesome would that be?!?!?! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Way to go!! Pretty sure it'd take me like an hour to do a 5k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bridgett - I didn't post how long it took me for a reason - I'm not a fast runner and I def. slowed down to a "fast walk" a few times. I want to get to the point where I can run the whole thing first - then move from there!

      Delete