Monday, September 24, 2012

where did my weekend go?

HOLY CRAP!

Doing home improvement projects really makes the weekend fly!

We installed three ceiling fans (with light fixtures) and we painted our study/home office room (depending on what you call it). I took before pics, I haven't taken after because I was so exhausted. BUT I do have some stuff to share so you can get an idea of what we did:

First the paint color:


We used the color "sweet innocence" from Benjamin Moore paints. I HIGHLY suggest Benjamin Moore for any painting projects. Their paint really is the best. You're always going to have to apply two coats, but their paint is the most durable and covers the best. It's more expensive than the brands you get at Lowe's or Home Depot, but if you remember that old saying you get what you pay for...

Here is an nursery with the color (since most of us have babies on the brain) so you can get an idea of what it looks like on the walls:


Let me just say how HAPPY I am with how this color came out. It's really awesome. I'm glad we went with this color. It looks more faint on the sample card (don't all paints though?), but it really came out how I envisioned. Here's a picture of the actual room we painted:



I grabbed this off our builder's website. The main difference for us is that instead of the two windows, we have a huge bay window along the wall. Otherwise, our room is identical. We have the French doors, ect. We are pushing to get this room done because 1) I'm not pregnant so why not, and 2) G has school and works from home - he really needs a space to work. We also installed a ceiling fan with a light fixture in this room. I promise to take pics tonight and upload tonight. Here's a picture of our furniture that is arriving in November for this room:



Can't wait to share pictures with you guys once it's actually here! This is my "vision" for this room. This is the layout that we came up with at the funiture place, but it's going to be slightly different. It's all coming together really nicely though, which I'm excited about!

Happy Monday all! For my TTGP ladies here is your daily dose of inspiration to get you through today:

6 comments:

  1. I love that color! I can't wait for the before/after pics.

    Yay for being so productive! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nic! Yes, we were productive but OMG am I exhausted! I can't wait to post pics either! I was so tired, I can't believe I forgot to take them last night!

      Delete
  2. I love the color and the furniture. I also can not wait for the before and after pics.

    I'm working on getting a handle on my craft room / catch all room, atm. That will turn into the nursery if we get that far. Right now it just looks like a bomb exploded in it. :blush:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry! That WILL be your nursery one day! My acupuncturist is making me say "I WILL HAVE A BABY" like 100000000 times. He believes it will help me because he totally believes in the power of positive thinking.

      Sooooo get to cleaning up that bomb! Because you WILL have a baby soon! Until then it'll be your craft room - then you'll have to clean it up again for a nursery!

      Delete
  3. I love that color! It is really close to the same color as our master bedroom. You were super productive this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks L! G wasn't sure he was going to like the color, but now that it's all dried and he sees the final product, he keeps saying "I love the color! I love how it turned out! This room is going to be so awesome!" It makes me happy that he likes it too since he'll probably be using that room more than I will!

      Delete