Thursday, January 3, 2013

it's getting harder to pick myself up

Every time I think I'm mentally recovering and doing better, I get knocked down. It's like this m/c (miscarriage - for those who don't know the abbreviation) won't LEAVE.

I was in the kitchen at work yesterday when the director (my bosses boss - follow that?) comes in to get her coffee and says "Congratulations! I heard you were expecting!!!!" I'm sure the look on my face said it all.

So of course I then had to play it off. Tell her that I can assure her with 100% certainty that I am NOT pregnant. She apologized. I went off to the bathroom to cry again.

I swear to GOD why does this keep happening? When will it end? Why am I still being tested? I am not that strong! I was so convinced that once I got through the holidays I wouldn't have to deal with this anymore.

/end rant for today. Had to get that off my chest.

Okay so the same boss listed above - her daughter just had her baby. A little girl, Ava Noel. She wasn't due until mid-January. She is a Christmas baby and came at 5lbs exactly. She had to be induced as the baby wasn't growing properly and her heart rate started to slow down.

Delivery went fine, mom and baby went home. Baby started having breathing problems; they went to ER where baby and mom we re-admitted. They are still both in the hospital but doing MUCH better. If you have a moment, please say prayer for mom and baby. She is a first time mom and as you can imagine, mom, dad, grandma - the whole family is very scared and stressed out. I really appreciate it.



7 comments:

  1. Some days will be harder than others. I'm sorry you have to continuously go through the pain. You're a strong person and even when you think you won't get through it, you will because you have! Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love! I am so so sorry.

    They say it will get better with time. I am right there with you hoping it does.

    You are stronger than you think you are! I promise.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry ): You ARE strong and you CAN get through this! Don't think you "should" be over anything yet. You get better on your own time.. even if it isn't as quickly as you'd like <3 Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grief has no timeline! Sending prayers to mama and baby... And a little Winnie the Pooh quote for you, pretty lady!
    " ... there is something you must always remember.Yyou are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. <3 you, Sabby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry. I agree with what Jess said. You have to do it on your own time. I can go a long time (a week is a long time to me) and be fine, but then I have those days where I really struggle. And I'm almost 4 months past the first and 2 1/2 past the second.
    I'm not ever going to be 'over' it or forget, but I'm okay with that. It's just part of who I am. (I don't mean that in a depressing sort of way). It's one of those life experiences that make you who you are. Know what I mean or am I just rambling?
    I'm always here to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. T&Ps for little Ava Noel and her whole family.

    T&Ps for you too, I hate when the sadness hits when you think you are in a finally in a good place. In my heart, I truly have to believe time will help. As someone above said, YOU are strong and will get through this. ((hugs)) <3

    ReplyDelete