Tuesday, March 5, 2013

SNOWMYGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the DC area when it snows. It could be an inch to 3 feet, but the panic and reaction is the same. I feel like most of the time weathermen are wrong anyway. I know that there is a panic rush at the grocery stores for milk, eggs & fabric softener!

Just for shits and giggles, here is the warning map:


I'm technically in the area that's in teal, but I'm closer to the pink than DC. We usually end up getting more where we live. I couldn't find the map that showed the estimated snowfall totals, but this morning they are saying 8-12" at our house. Sweet. Our neighborhood is so new that it's not state maintained yet. The state will not take over until all the houses are built. I think there are maybe 3-4 open lots still. So I'll take my laptop home tonight just in case I have to work from home tomorrow. I'm kinda hoping for that! I love the idea of not getting out of my pj's!

Sorry I've been MIA lately. There just isn't much to report since my first appointment with my RE. We're just chugging along getting things done on the checklist provided by the RE.

Items we've completed:
-G did his infectious disease tests
-I did my infectious disease test
-I did my genetic screening blood draw
-I did another blood draw that tested for karyotype, RH factor, blood type, ect.

Items pending:
-I'm waiting for my nurse to confirm that my stupid GYN's office has send my records. I've called twice. I'm not really happy with my GYN's office. Next step is to show up in person. They really don't want me to do that.
-G has his SA this Thursday

Items scheduled:
-HSG March 19th

TBD:
-CD 3 blood work. I have to call my nurse when I get my period.

I'm bummed I didn't take a pic of the blood draw from this past weekend. I need to start photographing this shit. They took 9 vials of blood from me this past Saturday. 9!!!!! I was like HOLY EFFING SHIT!  I promise to do better like when I go for my HSG and shizzz!

I'm currently in my 2WW from current cycle. I'm 5DPO today. I'm not really expecting anything other than my period coming. Why would that change at this point?

We have visitor until Easter. The breeder that we're getting a puppy from has a girl, Lilo who's 8 months old and is really shy and skittish. She wants to show her but if she continues to be scared of everything, she won't be able to. She asked us if we could take her for a few weeks to see if we can help her get less scared. She's already doing better after only one week. (We live in a more densely populated area with more "everyday" noises - the breeder lives in a very isolated, quite area on top of a mountain.) She's also quite comfortable with me and G as you can see in this pic of her napping on my lap over the weekend:


Yes, she's upside down. Most of you have seen pics of my girl, Cira, sleeping like this. Apparently all Airedales sleep like this! :-)

Our little boy was born over the weekend!!! That's exciting. So we're looking somewhere between April 27th  and May 11th for him to come home. (That's between 8 and 10 weeks if you're keeping up.) It's just really going to depend on when he's ready. We're very excited, and we've got almost everything in place. Especially since Lilo is visiting - she's still prone to trouble - as all pups are!

Dogs rule.









10 comments:

  1. I don't even know what I would do with all that sonw!

    YAY for your puppy boy being born!! EEEKKK! I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous!! I love snow! I can't wait to see your new puppy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see what I can do to send you snow. I hate snow. I want to move to Florida so I don't ever have to see it again!!! :-)

      Delete
  3. Ugh. I feel your pain on the snow. My county is part mountain terrain so that are could get 8 inches. The town portion is supposed to get 3 to 6 but since we do have mountains even three inches can shut this county down. I fully expect to not make it home from work tomorrow morning. Night shift is going to suck tonight!

    What a cute dog. Congrats on the birth of your new dog! Have you guys picked out a name yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No name yet - G wants to see him first and see his personality before we start sorting through things.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sabrina! :)

    I'm a new reader of your blog, actually new to work of fertility blogs period, but I've REALLY enjoyed reading your story and thank you so much for sharing it with the blog world! I can't tell you how encouraging it has been for me to find this huge network out there of people dealing with similiar things that I am... I just started documenting our journey too, if you want to check it out..I will warn you though it is very, very new!

    http://thebabyfilesbysara.blogspot.com/

    Good luck with the snow, we are supposed to get it too here in Ohio- blah! I'm ready for SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading - I appreciate your feedback. I have started following you as well. Good luck to you and yes the network REALLY helps on good and bad days!

      Delete