Thursday, March 7, 2013

SNOWQUESTOR!!!!

Okay yeah, totally lame, but in the DC area everything has to be named. It's just how this area works. DC itself got barely any snow. Like maybe a dusting.

We live about 30 miles west of DC. We hit the jackpot. We had about 10 inches. My parents live about 50 miles from DC (20 miles from us if you're doing math) and they got over a foot. I feel badly, they didn't have power when they woke up yesterday morning - and they still don't have power. They are over 24 hours without. Also, they have a well. Which means they can't shower or anything when they don't have power. They're headed up to our house today to use our facilities. G is working from home today so they can come over and make themselves at home.

Here's a pic of me and the girls yesterday in the snow:


It's hard enough to get one dog to pose let alone two!

G's SA is today. He already called and completed what he had to at home. He's en route to the doctor's now to drop off his "sample." I'm glad he was able to get it done. I was nervous that he might get some anxiety and not finish. He's been really good about all this testing - although this is the last test he has to do. Everything else is on me.

I got a letter from Aetna yesterday about coverage for some test that's been approved. I think it's for my HSG. Not sure. I'm calling the financial coordinator today. I'm terrible with insurance and understanding the lingo. I originally thought I was OOP for the HSG - but if I'm reading this letter correctly, I don't think I am. SO. EFFING. CONFUSED. I feel like insurance is like a foreign language.

We all know this journey is hard. It's even harder when dealing with IF. Every failed cycle burns as time goes on. For some reason this song really resonates with me. Every month I have to convince myself that if I don't try - it's not going to happen. This song is one of my motivations - I gotta get up and try. If I don't try - I know one day I'll totally regret it. I have to try until I've exhausted all options. I gotta get up and try.


5 comments:

  1. 1. I love your snow photo. So freaking cute!
    2. I lurve that Pink song and video! I feel the same way.
    3. <3 you and glad everything has gone great so far with your RE and testing.
    That is all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lived in VA a couple years ago when it was"SNOWMAGEDDON," lol. Of course it wasn't even six inches I think... They really can't handle the white stuff there. I love your picture with the puppies! I think insurance is designed to confuse people into paying more than they have to - it's a mess! Holding the good thought for your testing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, insurance just makes the journey through IF worse. We have to fight for every dollar to get paid when it's a medical problem that should be covered. It's just so disheartening sometimes.

    I hope it turns out that they're going to cover your HSG!

    I hope the SA results are good. FX!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea how much my HSG was going to be either. Then I received a bill for $1500 and my mouth flew open bc at the hospital I was told my insurance covered it! WRONG. The insurance covered a portion of it! So I went to look at my plan and it says that they pay 80% of hospital tests, which is where I'm paying the 20%. The problem I have is that the hospital doesn't tell you the cost of the procedure!! The lady I spoke to says they don't know the cost of the procedure until it's done.... so basically people walk in blindly to get things done at the hospital and won't know how much they have to pay until after?!? Ridiculous.

    Hope you're staying warm!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest pic of you and the girls!!! I'm so jealous of your snow!

    ReplyDelete