Saturday, December 29, 2012

2012 wasn't a good year...

I'm guessing with all the awesomeness that happened in 2011 I should've expected that 2012 would suck. Or maybe I'm one of those people that do better with odd numbers as opposed to even? Maybe 13 will be a lucky number for me? I'm not sad to see 2012 go.

Only time will tell.

I finally had my follow up with my doctor for my D&C. She gave me progesterone and my marching orders. G and I still haven't decided what we're going to do. We're just not sure if we're strong enough. Maybe we need a few more cycles. We are a that dreaded year mark with no take home baby. Maybe we're not meant to be parents to humans. We just don't know. We're looking for answers that just don't exist right now.

Again, only time will tell.

My period has finally showed since my D&C. I never thought I'd ever be so happy to see that stupid thing. But for me it's a positive sign that my body reset itself. I feel like ass, but I have plenty of Advil and wine so that should take care of things nicely.

I still really haven't been interested in talking to people. I've been hiding out as much as possible. I dread the questions. I think I've been pretty clear where I stand on things. On how I have zero desire to talk about it. I feel like people call/text to "check in on me" and hope that I'll bring it up since they know better. I know this is also the farthest thing from the truth (with a few exceptions) but it doesn't change how I feel. I haven't figured out when I'll feel social again. I just don't. And I hate the pressure I feel from people to be social again. I'm just not interested at this time. (The girls from TB are fine. For whatever reason, y'all are the only ones I want to talk to - it makes no sense, I know.)

I think I mostly got knocked down by going to G's family Christmas party. I knew it was going to be tough, and I really had no desire to go, but I sucked it up anyway. As expected, his one uncle asked me when I was going to be pregnant since our cousin is expecting. Her and I are joint at the hip and do a lot together. So everyone assumed since she was pregnant, I would be too. Well, asshole, I was pregnant. He didn't know about my loss. My cousin knew, and G's parents knew. That was it. I wasn't interested in telling people. One of G's Aunt's also said something. As we were leaving she said "I expect to see a baby by next Christmas!!!" Man. Talk about kicking someone when they're down.

I know she meant well. They both did. But seriously, people need to think. You have no idea what people's stories are or the struggles they've been through. Saying shit like this really knocked me down when I was just starting to feel back to my old self. And I haven't recovered from it. I keep hearing everything that was said to me at the party in my head. It makes me want to stop trying, go back on BCP, and tell people "Go fuck yourself. We're never having children."

Let's move on to 2013...

We already have some good news to share. We're getting another puppy. Most of you know we have a six year old Airedale Terrier, Cira. Well now, we're going to get a little boy. Stay tuned for updates. We aren't sure of exactly when he's coming home. I'll update once I get a better idea. Here is a pic of what Airedale puppies look like (THIS IS NOT HIM!!! We don't have any pics of him yet!)



Seriously AH-DOR-AH-BLE!!! I can't wait to bring him home!

Hopefully this is a really good start to 2013 for us. Things will fall into place - we just have to have continued faith. Without faith we really have nothing...

 
 
Here's to 2013 - may it be blessed for you all...will update with pics of our adventure for NYE's on Jan 1!
 




13 comments:

  1. Lots of prayers for an amazing 2013! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand on how it ducks to have family ask about kids. I skipped my moms extended family party for that reason.
    I hats lying and saying oh well we like it being just us for now. Sometimes I wish I could/would tell people.
    My sister is due 3 weeks before my first due date. That also ducks to be around her. I feel selfish when I think that because I am happy for her
    Sorry for the vent and tlhe autocorrect errors. I'm not going to fix them. :)
    I just hope this is a much better year for us both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! The auto corrects made me laugh! And yes, lets make 2013 OUR year! :D

      Delete
  3. Wishing you the best 2013. Odd years are better anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, love, I am so sorry ): I know those comments must have really hurt. I wish I could give you a big squishy hug and make everything better ): Just know I am thinking about you and care so much! Take all of the time you need to make the decision to TTC or not again. You aren't on anyone's schedule but your own. I wish I could smack people that say stupid stuff.. you're right, it seems totally harmless, but people should know that not everyone runs out and tells people all of their struggles and heartaches so pressuring someone about pregnancy can really sting.

    I have high hopes and wishes for you in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess. It was hard, but having friends like you to give me a shoulder to lean on really means a lot! Thank you! <3 you!

      Delete
  5. Ugh, people and their comments. It’s so hard to hear. It happened to me at Thanksgiving. I am sorry you had to go through that.

    I understand what you mean about not being social. It is hard to be social at this time. I feel like I am just getting back to being the somewhat normal me. Give yourself all the time you need. You are a strong woman!

    I have period envy!!! I wish mine would come since all this BS is over with. I’m happy that you had a good follow-up appointment.

    Good luck with your TTC decision. We are all here to support you with whatever you decide.

    I hope 2013 turns out to be an AWESOME year for us!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I have to "force" myself to out NYE just to try and get back to normal. I have no idea how it's going to go other than that I really don't WANT to go. I just don't want to see people yet.

      I hope 2013 is awesome for us both as well! Love you - thank you for everything!

      Delete
  6. I have so many times thought "I'm going back on BCP just so I can have control of something". I'm so sorry 2012 has been a bad year, doll. Whatever you decide with TTC, I'm always here for you! Your new puppy is going to be so freaking cute and I can't wait to see pics! I wonder how Cira is going to react to him. Too cute! Love ya girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I'm not the only one!

      I love you L. I totally adore you and can't thank you enough for your friendship! Can't wait to share puppy pics either!

      Here's to us in 2013! xoxoxoxoxo

      Delete
  7. Here is to hoping 2013 is a better year.
    p.s. I can't wait to see updates about the new pup :)

    ReplyDelete