Tuesday, August 28, 2012

hope is a one way street

okay, time for my emo post for the week. this is rare for me so all comments making fun of me or telling me to snap the hell out of it are welcomed...

Last night G and I had a fight which ended in both of us in tears. He's in grad school at UVA. This program takes him away a lot on the weekends, especially this first full month. We had plans in place that I would go down to Charlottesville during my FW (not this weekend, the following weekend) so we can get down to business. He dropped the bomb on me that they aren't going to be in Charlottesville. They're going to be three hours away. NO WAY am I driving three hours after a full day of work just to bang it out.

Then the realization sets in that we'll hit a couple of days in my FW but not many. Which basically means we should pass go, do not collect $200 and go directly to jail. We're going to have to move directly to cycle 9.


So of course, I finally had a meltdown. He told me it's not his fault. I said it wasn't fair. OF COURSE he came back with the "life isn't fair" statement. Then I flew off the handle. (Insert image of crying Sabrina and litterally flying off the handle here.)

In the end I finally saw some emotion out of G. He's always been so stoic and just "well, we're try again next month." He was pretty stoic through my loss too. I just wanted to feel like he cared. I finally saw that night. Which wasn't my orginial intent, but it happened. I feel slightly better today.

We're going to have to hope and pray this month, as that's about all we have. It's frustrating at times. Thank GOD I have an incredible community of women supporting me along the way. It would be difficult to go at this alone. Right now, hope is a one way street...



okay until tomorrow when my hormones aren't raging out of control and hopefully I'm back to being normal me.


No comments:

Post a Comment